This tutorial will teach you how to add a YouTube video to Your PrestaShop store’s product page.
Incorporating video into your store is not only easy, but it’s essential. Video is one of the best ways to promote your products and it’s becoming one of the best way to get ranked in search engines as their ability to determine the content inside of videos improves.
I’m guessing you already know that Google loves video, which should be evident since they own YouTube. I believe that the reason Google loves video is because people love video and it’s Google’s job to give people what they want. That’s your job too, if you want to get ranked in Google or any other search engine for that matter.
For most people with little to no experience in adding video to a website, the process can be a bit overwhelming. The good news is that, if you want to use videos from YouTube, the process is about as easy as it gets. YouTube provides excellent tools to embed videos into your website without much special knowledge. And, below, you’ll receive the only special knowledge you need to add videos to your store.
In this tutorial, we’ll cover the following topics:
- How to determine the correct size your video needs to be
- How to find the embed code
- How to customize the size of the YouTube video player
- How to insert a YouTube video using the built-in PrestaShop media player
- Commons mistakes to avoid
Tools You’ll Need:
- Browser Inspection Tool
- Firefox Users – Firebug is a great browser inspection tool and the one I use in the videos below.
- Chrome Users – Chrome has some built in features for inspecting HTML, or you can download the Firebug Lite plugin that will give you some of the same functionality as Firefox users have with the full version of Firebug.
- Internet Explorer Users – If you’re using Internet Explorer, you’ll want to consider the IE Developer Toolbar. There is also a Firebug Lite version for IE.
Click on the images below to watch the videos.
If this tutorial was helpful, you might also enjoy learning how to add a YouTube video to the right or left column. Click here to check out Add YouTube Video to Your PrestaShop Store Using the AddStuff Module.