Do you have a need to add e-mail autoresponder sign up form to your PrestaShop Store? If so, I found a very simple and useful free module called AddStuff.
I was originally looking for a way to eliminate the Newsletter Block and replace it with my Aweber autoresponder sign-up box. I find that my e-mail autoresponder service is a great alternative to the Newsletter module that comes with PrestaShop.
I have successfully incorporated one of my Aweber signup forms into the AddStuff module and tested it. It works great! You are limited, however, to the width of the left and right columns, which is 191 pixels. I modified my Aweber form template to show a width of 180 pixels and it looks great. Look to the right for a screen shot of the AddStuff module with the Aweber form.
What’s really cool is that I can go to my Aweber account and modify or change the look of the AddStuff module by just selecting a different color scheme or configuration for the template I’ve selected or by picking another template entirely. Not all Aweber templates will work, though, because some use built in graphics that are too wide and they get cut off in the 180 pixel width I’ve chosen to use.
While I have not tested this yet with other e-mail autoresponders such as Constant Contact and I-Contact, I suspect there is a way to get them to work also. With Aweber, it was as simple as choosing an e-mail list to use and then going through the form wizard to create the sign up form. Then I just copied the code they provided for the form and put it into the AddStuff module. It was surprisingly easy.
Stuff You Will Need
In order to follow along with the video tutorials below, I recommend that you have the following tools:
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Firebug for the Firefox browser
- An FTP client like FileZilla
- An unzipping program like WinZip
- An e-mail autoresponder such as Aweber – You can check out other in the Resources tab
What are You Going to Learn?
In the videos that follow you will learn the following skills:
- Find and download the AddStuff module (download at http://www.ecartservice.net/free-prestashop-modules/)
- Load AddStuff to the correct location on your web host
- Install and configure the module in the Back Office
- Install AddStuff in the left or right columns
- Integrate an Aweber e-mail sign-up form into the module