Are you having issues with the PrestaShop 1.4 Shipping Tab or, do you want a detailed tutorial on how to use it?
If this describes you, keep reading.
I just completed a 2-part Shipping Tab tab tutorial for my premium PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorials product. There is almost an hour of detailed information covering all of the common features, and some not-so-common features.
Part 1 (24 minutes) covers all the features of the Shipping Tab, which I divided into the following sections:
- What You Will Learn
- Advanced Topics
- Find the Shipping Tab
- Handling Charges
- Settings for Free Shipping
- Default Billing Selections
- Set Shipping Fees
- Carriers Sub Tab
- Carrier Tracking URL (This info is very hard to find!)
- Zones Sub Tab
- Countries Sub Tab
- States Sub Tab
- Counties Sub Tab
- Price Ranges Sub Tab
- Weight Ranges Sub Tab
Part 2 (30 minutes) covers the following shipping scenarios in great detail:
- Free Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping to a certain point, then Free Shipping
- Multiple Zone (This is not complete)
As you can see in #4, this part of the tutorial is not complete. I simply can’t figure out how to get multiple zones working in PrestaShop 1.4.3. I’ve checked the PrestaShop Forums and Google to no avail.
So, if you are a shipping guru and are interested in a prize, I would like to hear from you regarding what settings are required for the following scenario:
- The store is located in Denver, CO, USA
- There is one “Flat Rate Carrier”
- There are multiple ranges (2 each for both prices and weights)
- The United States country was placed in its own zone called “United States”
- The store will ship to two zones outside of the United States, which are North America and South America
When I tested this scenario, I was very surprised to find out that I could not get the correct shipping rates for a package shipped from the US to Canada (North America zone). Its pretty amazing that it is so difficult to set up something that should be very simple.
So what was this prize I mentioned above?
As an incentive for teaching me how to set up shipping correctly for this scenario, I will give one free PrestaShop 1.4 Tutorials 1-year membership to the first person who gives me a thorough and complete working answer.
That’s a value of, at least, $167.
I’m really excited to give this away and looking forward to getting “schooled!”