I ran across something I thought you might be interested.
Before I get to that, though, I wanted to let you know that I recently purchased a copy of Store Commander SC 500. I’ve been looking at it for quite some time now and finally decided to give it a try. It appears to be an extremely powerful addon to PrestaShop that should be able to provide a tremendous boot to productivity and make things like CSV Import/Export a snap.
This is not an inexpensive addon. The SC 500 version I bought cost 199 Euros, or what would be approximately $267 as of the date of this e-mail. However, if it does what I think it will, it’s a steal at that price.
SC 500 will work with a store of 500 products or less. 3,000 item and Unlimited item versions are also available.
At this time, I haven’t had the opportunity to thoroughly test my version of Store Commander, but I’m planning on getting to that very soon. I’ll let you know how my testing goes in the form of a review on PrestaTraining.com
In the mean time, I received an e-mail from Karine Bernasse of Store Commander letting me know that they have just introduced a new version of their software called SC Free. I would strongly suggest you check this out.
Since it’s free, you can expect that some of the features won’t be available, such as CSV import. However, you should see enough of the software to see if it might be a useful tool for you.
Also, Store Commander still has their “Live Demo” store that has over 450 items. This is another good way to see what the software can do.
Instead of blathering on, I want to share an e-mail with you that Karine sent me. Here’s what she had to say about Store Commander’s SC Free software:
This “Freemium” version of Store Commander, called SC Free, boasts a wide array of time-saving features such as catalog, category, and property management from a very well laid out interface.
When you’re working in SC Free, you won’t have access to all the features the paid versions of Store Commander have. You can tell which feature you have access to by looking at the color of the feature. All features that you have access to are in black and all the others are in blue in read-only mode.
In the catalog management menu, you have access to all features except the Discounts, CSV Import feature in 3 clicks, and the Universal CSV Export being some of the star features of this tool. The catalog management menu gives you a global 360° view of your shop as you can view all products in one single view if you wish.
For category management, you have access to absolutely all features such as:
- Reorganizing categories by simple drag & drop
- Speedy access to categories in the shop
- Products displayed by their category by default
- Products displayed as sub-categories
- Adding/modifying categories
In the second column of the interface which relates to products management, you can exclusively access the “light view” menu. Although this Free version does not allow you to set up your promotions on the fly, manage SEO fields or edit products positions, there are still a large panel of major actions possible such as:
- Navigating easily and quickly throughout your store
- Quickly accessing products in the store
- Adding/editing products
- Moving/adding a product to a category by simple drag & drop
- Duplicating several products
- Filtering products through the advanced filtering tool
- Sorting products
- Managing attributes and groups
- Managing characteristics
- Selecting columns to display/hide
- Editing field values in the grid
Last but not least, you can also save huge amounts of time when handling product properties on your store. The ability to upload multiple images and manage those images, which is part of the software, constitutes a whole module alone… Indeed, for your images, you can:
- Multi-upload images from your PC or MAC
- Match images to combinations
- Select combinations used per image
- Modify the position of images by simple drag and drop
- Delete images
- Use PNG format supported for all versions of PrestaShop
- Automatically re-write images legends
Just because SC Free is free to download doesn’t mean we left out really cool features. SC Free comes with the very latest feature release of Store Commander which is intended to manage attachments in bulk.
To get you addicted even quicker to Store Commander, you can see features only accessible in read-only mode in blue and you can also read about them. These include (non exhaustive):
- Advanced CSV products import feature saving such invaluable time to create product combinations automatically or update supplier’s CSV files.
- Universal CSV export feature allowing you to publish your products quickly onto price comparators and marketplaces, or export products from one store Prestashop A to store B.
- Managing discounts and promotions in bulk.
- Managing tags in bulk allowing not only to create tags in bulk to get referenced quicker on search engines but also associate/disassociate them to products in a single click.
- And a lot more…
OK, you get the idea. Here’s what you should do. Go to Store Commander and download SC Free.
After you’ve had time to test it out a bit, I’d love to hear what you think. As I said, I’m planning on writing a review for my premium version of SC 500, which is much more powerful than the free version, but your feedback on the free version is important to me as well.
Thanks and until next time…